What Is AMSOIL?
In 1972, AMSOIL, made history by producing the first 100% synthetic motor oil that was API certified. It originally was named AMZOIL but the name was changed to AMSOIL due to trademark concerns. Removing the "Z" distanced its brand name from Pennzoil. Today, AMSOIL continues to be the leader in synthetic oil lubricants.
AMSOIL The First in Synthetics has a documented history of innovation and leadership.
- First to develop an API-rated 100 percent synthetic motor oil.
- First to introduce the concept of "extended drain intervals" with a recommended 25,000-mile/1-year drain interval.
- First U.S. company to utilize the NOACK volatility test as a standard of performance excellence.
- First to produce synthetic motor oils for diesel engines, racing engines, turbo and marine engines.
- First to introduce synthetic oils that legitimately contribute to improving fuel efficiency.
- First to manufacture synthetic gear lube for automotive use.
- First to manufacture a 100:1 pre-mix synthetic 2-cycle oil.
- First to manufacture a synthetic automatic transmission fluid for automotive use.